DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

43. Ms.Lee – Delivered from Feng Shui into a living relationship with Jesus

Name: Ms. Lee
Date: 2006 - 2007
Location: Singapore
Note: Ms. Lee is on Daily Rhema.
She is a CPA by profession.

I was brought up in a Taoist background where the predominant belief centered on idol worship. I was bound in superstitious beliefs and empty rituals. I was also deeply rooted in “Feng Shui”. Over years, my spirit and soul were drowning and I started to search for “True” God.

Actually I experienced God’s blessings even before I accepted Lord. His love is unconditional. But somehow, I have no opportunity to know more about Him. Fortunately, I had a friend, Joshua, who happened to be a Christian with strong faith and who had experienced many personal encounters in Christ. I believed it was the divine arrangement of our Heavenly Father.

We had several fellowship sessions where Joshua shared the gospel message to me. He shared about the power of God that was greater than “Feng Shui”. Joshua encouraged me to attend a church.

Finally two to three months after the first fellowship, on 3rd Dec 2006, I decided to attend Sunday Service of New Creation Church. It’s a big church. I walked in alone quietly with an open and calm heart.

For the first time I was touched by the gospel and the preaching really permeated into my heart. I could feel God’s presence and I felt so loved. My heart was beating real fast during alter-calling session. I could feel a voice inside me urging my body to response with great urgency! And, I did! I welcomed Jesus on that same day, which marked the turning point of my life.

Weeks later, I heard about baptism in Holy Spirit during the sermon. As baby Christian, I totally had no idea what it was all about and how could it happen. So I asked God in my daily conversation with Him. I said: “God, this is too vague. I don’t understand.”

God actually gave me the answer but I did not realize it until I shared my experience and vision with Joshua. It all happened during a Bible Study in Jan 2007. I experienced the presence of Holy Spirit and this was followed by a wonderful vision.

On that day, the praise and worship session was longer than usual. I enjoyed every moments praising and honoring Him with my eyes closed. Suddenly, or I should say naturally, I started to utter in words very smoothly like other members did. Before, I could not do that. I did not know what actually had happened to me, my tongue just kept stammering and I felt good. I felt some kind of ‘energy’ flowing out from within me, pouring and pouring out with joys and followed by a wonderful vision.

To elaborate, the vision showed me standing in the presence of green trees surrounding me. I was in a serene environment, wearing a long white dress. My head was looking up, and warm sunshine was shining over me. And I could hear a lovely rhythm. I felt the inner peace and an awesome feeling which was beyond words. When I opened by eyes, everyone was singing holy songs! Wow, I was totally immersed in the holy presence of the Lord, I was not even conscious of the crowd and musicians at the stage!

I shared my experience with Joshua a few days later. He confirmed that I experienced baptism by Holy Spirit. I was very excited over this unexpected and unprecedented experience. God really has His way to show His child the answer! My spirit was uplifted rocket high.

I went through water baptism on 11th Feb 2007 after I had received the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Today, I am convinced that walking with Lord is neither a religion nor a ritualistic practice but it is an exciting expedition and personal relationship with Him.

I pray in spirit more often now and I really enjoy it. As I pray in tongues, I allow my spirit to flow freely. Occasionally, I could hear the inner voice of the Holy Spirit talking to me and guiding me. I received His love, grace, peace and joy. I also received a lot of favor from people wherever I go.

The transformation is real and witnessed by my family members and people around me. All Glory be to God! None of the idols that I worshipped in the past is like our Jesus, who died for us and poured out His Spirit and lives in us. Christians are so blessed. Thank you Jesus!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home