DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

40. Joshua - Divine appointment in Hongkong

Name: Joshua
Date: June 2007
Location: Hongkong

In the month of June, I was scheduled for a business trip to Hongkong. During my last two trips to Sydney in March and May, the Lord had arranged specific divine appointments for me. So as I was planning for the Hongkong trip, I wondered if God would have something in store.

In the midst of my planning, I received an email from a long-lost friend of mine who is working in Hongkong. For the last 6 years, I had no more that 2 email exchanges with him. So receiving an email is an unusual event. But he was a close brother of mine, and we used to share many things in the Lord. In fact, when we were in the university, I had shared about the baptism in the Spirit with him, and prayed for him to receive.

When I received his email, I knew that God was setting us up for a divine appointment. So we arranged to meet for dinner. He also invited me over to his home.

On the day that we were scheduled to meet, I was sending out my Daily Rhema message from the hotel. By divine timing, according to the order of the messages, the message that I was scheduled to send out was a testimony. It was a testimony of people whom we ministered the baptism in the Spirit to. Among those testimonies was a testimony of how Alex had received the baptism in the Spirit. I recalled that I felt so strange that I was sending out this testimony about my long lost friend whom I was about to meet later that evening. But I knew that it was the Lord’s way of showing that we were in His plan – and we had a divine appointment in Hongkong.

That night, we had a good time over dinner. I went over to his little apartment just above the MTR – only 600+sq feet in size and located on the 60+ storey. We sat at the balcony and had fellowship until 3am. I shared about all the wonderful testimonies of God’s goodness. I also shared about the grace of God and the revelation of the New Covenant. Some of the things that I shared helped confirm some things that the Holy Spirit had been speaking to his heart recently about “faith” and about the need for a spiritual “paradigm shift”.

Alex shared with me the things in his heart that resulted in him sending an email to me. He also recalled his experience of receiving the baptism in the Spirit. We had a wonderful time of edification through fellowship. I believe that the Lord was encouraging Alex into a closer walk of faith with Him.

I had a fruitful time and returned in the joy of the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home