DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

59. Reginald – Learning to walk in faith - by surrendering everything to God

Name: Reginald
Date: 25 October 2007
Location: Singapore
Note: Reginald is a former Asean Scholar and a final year student at NTU, Singapore. He is on Daily Rhema.


This is my testimonial on the past few weeks:

I was really busy with school works. This semester, I decided to take a lot of modules, take up leadership several leadership positions, and be involved in overseas case competition, while busy as fellow/guardian in my boarding school. Several times I kept forgetting about surrendering all to the Lord.

About a month ago, due to my busy schedule I skipped a lot of my daily reflection time and bible study, as I always did them at the end of the day, and I always felt really tired after the long days in school. I felt I was always running against time and it really exhausted me. God's gentle reminder came through email from Joshua Lye. He reminded me to send him my recent testimony of my encounter with the Lord to encourage others.

I told him that I was too busy to write, and he reminded me to remember to let Him take control. Then I realized that I have so quickly forgotten the lesson that I learnt only 2 months before at the NTU Christian Fellowship camp! I thank God for He's so faithful. I quickly came back to my daily devotion, and soon enough, it didn't take days, I felt sense of relief and it's as if there are extra hours added to my days!

This few weeks, I have been busy finding job. At the beginning I was worried because I know I would not settle for less challenging job. I want to be part of the dynamic market, join the big MNC, and do well. However, I realized that I am not high up there in term of GPA. I looked around and I saw there were so many people doing so much better than me. I was discouraged.

After the Christian Fellowship camp, I was reminded to surrender everything to God. I told God in my prayer, "My Lord, I would really do my best, and I will always do my best. I could only leave the rest onto Your hands. Walk beside me, oh Lord, and hold my hand." This is the words that I pray to God everyday before I go to sleep and in the morning as I wake up.

God is gracious indeed. Doors of networking sessions and first rounds of interviews started opening even early in the semester. I was surprised I received all these blessings because there are so many other people who do well who did not have the opportunities that I have had. After every interview, I felt so worried, especially when people started to compare answers and experiences.

However, when I was alone, there seemed to be wind blowing, carrying soothing words, "Calm down, Reginald. Surrender everything to God". And instantly I did not feel any fear or worry anymore. I am currently at the next stages for my interviews in different companies, and I am not worried at all. I know He would be there, sitting next to me in the interview room and sustaining me. Even if I don't get the job at the end of the day, I know that I will still be sustained, and other doors will be opened.

I was reading my bible while I was turmoil thinking of my interviews and why I didn't get called back for some, when God intervened. I stumbled upon Genesis 22, when God was testing Abraham's faith by asking him to sacrifice Isaac. At the end of the day, Abraham called the place "The Lord will provide". And I was teary. I was so touched with the other reminder that He gave me. And indeed He knew when is the perfect timing to remind you that He will always be there for you and you would never lack of anything.

It is so difficult to surrender everything to God, but I know that I will not want to rely on myself totally anymore, for I know He is trustworthy and I could do everything through Him who sustains me.


In Him,
Reginald Pryor Sumalong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home