DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

54. Joshua & Florence – Adventures of being led by the Spirit in NTU

Name: Joshua
Date: 20th September 2007, Thursday
Location: Singapore, Nanyang Technological University

About a month before 20th Sep, I received an email from a student leader from the NTU Christian Fellowship. I had left some “Walking on Water” books at the orientation camp after a speaking engagement earlier. She said that there were some remaining copies that she wanted to return to me.

I sensed in my heart that if I have to make a trip to NTU, there must be a higher spiritual purpose – than just collecting the books. So I listened to the leading of the Holy Spirit in my heart. At first, I thought that we may be spending some time imparting something to her. We were once NTU students, so it was in our heart to encourage and to impart faith to the students.

But through the inner-witness of the Holy Spirit, I sensed that He wanted me to talk to another student instead. The face of this brother just came before me. I followed the leading of the HS and set up an appointment with the other brother.

I was to meet the first student to collect the books at 8 pm, followed by the next meeting with the brother. He asked me what time should we meet. I wasn’t sure how long the first meeting would be. And I didn’t want to end the first session abruptly if God wanted us to speak to first lady. But by the inner-witness, I sensed in my heart that the meeting won’t be long. So I told the brother we would meet at 8.30 at another location at Canteen A of the University.

When Florence & I met the first student, we chatted and asked if she busy. To our amazement, she said that she had to rush to complete an assignment. This meant that we wouldn’t be held up in a long fellowship. The timing was perfect. God saw ahead and had destined us to talk to the other brother. He had shown me so precisely through His Holy Spirit. Isn’t it exciting to be living life by the promptings of the Holy Spirit (Romans 7:6)? He is always in control and we don’t even have to plan what we need to do.

So we met the brother at 8.30. He was hungry for God. He asked me many questions and particularly wanted to experience the leading of the HS. So we shared with him from the book of Acts – how the disciples were still casting lots before Pentecost. But after they had received the baptism in the HS in Acts 2:1-4, they started experiencing the leading of the HS from within. They saw visions and had dreams. They started walking in a new dimension according to the New Covenant that God had determined for the sons of God (Romans 8:14-16).

He came from a background that had little teachings on the importance of the ministry of the HS. But he eagerly desired to receive the baptism in the Spirit. So we prayed for him and we prayed with him. He received the baptism and prayed out beautifully in the Spirit a new song. He saw the light of God, felt the tangible anointing, and was excited about entering into this new experience. It reminded us so much about our own experiences during the Lutheran revival as undergraduates.

We left that place knowing that God had fulfilled His purpose. God set us up for this appointment so that He could fill even one hungry soul. We were happy to be God’s channel for his divine encounter. We had experienced yet another miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home