DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Friday, October 05, 2007

52. Joshua – My strength is made perfect in your weakness

Name: Joshua
Date: 8th September 2007
Location: Singapore

Earlier I shared about my testimony in Hongkong and how I was unwell. After I returned from Hongkong, I was totally flat for 2 days. But I had to be well because there was an important meeting scheduled a few fays after my return (meeting was on 8th Sep 07).

Dr. Leong, a dear friend and the leader of the Lutheran revival, who is now based in Sydney, was having a meeting in Singapore. He was returning after spending a month ministering in Kunming, China. This is an annual affair, and we had made the arrangements in advance. We would host the meeting was at my home and I was requested to lead worship.

I was still battling with a sore throat. There was a layer of phlegm that seemed to wrap around my vocal cords which also affected my ability to project my voice. I was also experiencing dizziness actually. It would be a long day and I wasn’t sure if I had the energy to make it through the day.

Before the meeting, we had a pre-arranged lunch meeting with a friend, Andy and his family. He brought another friend – a bible school student who wanted to discuss on the Word. We had a meaningful time in the Word but I had strained my vocal cords during the sharing. I was wondering if I had enough energy and ability to even lead the worship plus play the guitar.

But as in many occasions in the past, when I am unable, I had to depend wholly on the grace of God and the power of His Holy Spirit in me. 2 Cor 12:9 says, “My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in your weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

When the meeting started, I was so engrossed in the Lord that my attention was turned away from my own infirmities. I led worship for half an hour before handing the meeting to Dr. Leong. After the meeting, I chatted with many old friends over dinner. It was a long day that ended about 10pm.

It was only in the evening that I came to the realization about my sore throat. What happened to that sore throat? What happened to my dizziness? It was gone and I was completely well! I wasn’t even aware that I had been miraculously healed while leading the worship. There is no medical explanation for it. I had strained my voice and exerted a lot of energy and in the natural I should have been flat out. But I was well. The grace of God and the power of His Spirit was at work.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Joe S said…

    thank you for this practical example of God daily and simply being everything He says He is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home