DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

51. Receiving assurance of salvation & an extension of life

Name: Mrs Lee
Date: September 2007
Location: Singapore
Note: Mrs Lee is the mother of SL. Lee, my secondary school teacher. Testimony written by Joshua.

I received an SMS requesting for prayer one morning when I myself was on medical leave at home. It was from SL, my secondary school teacher at Raffles Institution. Her mother was hospitalized and in critical condition. I had last met her during the Chinese New Year visitation period. I was troubled.

I wasn’t in the best position to encourage someone to believe for healing – not when I was knocked out with flu and resting at home. This was after I had returned from Hongkong. Have you been there before? These are times when you feel so unable and you are reminded that everything is by the grace of God. And God can work in every situation irregardless of whether I was down with flu. We do not put confidence in ourselves.

So I called my friend SL to find out about the condition of her mother. It was not a new situation. She has prior operations for that condition. She had to go for immediate operation but because she was weak and breathless, there would be a very high risk involved.

There was another problem. SL was unsure of her mother’s salvation as she had not been very receptive to the gospel message. It seemed so impossible.

Before we hung down, I felt led by the Holy Spirit that I should pray with SL. In my condition, I knew I couldn’t visit her at the hospital. We called on the grace of God – (1) we believed that God would send the right people to share and to bring forth assurance of salvation. (2) We also prayed that God would touch her body, to cause the negative situation to turn around.

Then I received news that a doctor (a former student of SL) would bring her mum to minister to SL’s mum. I trust that God’s angels were busy at work. Along the way, God also sent other believers to share with her.

Later, I received this SMS:

“Thanks to all who are praying for my mum. I believe its prayers’ power and love of Christ that my mum, who was confused n depressed for days b’cos of her medical condition, suddenly became very lively, cheerful n at peace though still breathless n very weak. When my Christian friends she knows, asked her whether she has Christ is her heart, she said yes…”

In her struggles, I believe she opened up her heart to the Lord. The love of the brethren and their encouragements strengthened her. Through her own confession of faith, I encouraged SL that we should all be assured of her mum’s salvation.

Several days later, there was a sharp turnaround in her condition. I received this SMS:

Give Thks n Praise the Lord! Despite all the trauma n depression my mum had last wk, thinking she’ll die in hosp this time since her blood’s very bad, n doctors at wits end, my mum is happily discharges today to rest n continue with medication at home with blood ok n stable, though need further monitoring. Thanks for supporting us by your powerful us by your powerful prayer n encouragement. Pray n hope my mum n family members’ll be truly convicted by the Holy Spirit of Jesus’ unfailing love, mercy n grace as they see the tremendous loving Christian support n encouragement we received too. May your joy be full as we pray n see God’s providence. Gracefully, SL.

God turned things around miraculously. He extended the lease of here earthly life.

As SL puts it, this is a testimony of Jesus’ LOVE, MERCY and GRACE. God met SL and her mum in their moment of need. God also sent all the right people to play their part. All glory to Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home