DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Monday, August 18, 2008

78. Maurice – Making supplications for my son

Name: Maurice
Date: Mid-2006
Location: Singapore
Note: Maurice shared this testimony in Grace Fellowship in August 08 when we were sharing on prayer


Dear Joshua,

Back in mid 2006, the Ministry of Education was looking for two students to participate in the International Music Camp in North Dakota, USA.My son, Jasper, was nominated by his school to go for the audition. On the day of audition, I accompanied my son to MOE Co-Curricular Activities Branch in Evans Road. Before he left me for the audition hall, I wrapped my arm around him and prayed for him.

I waited for Jasper nearby and saw him practicing outside the audition hall before the audition began. I continued in prayer for him when the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance a sermon about the supernatural favour of God. So I sought the Lord’s favour for my son while the audition was in progress. As I prayed in the Spirit, my eyes started tearing and I knew the Lord heard my prayers and supplication for my son.

When the audition was over, I asked Jasper how everything went. His reply was that when he was practicing before the audition, the students who saw and heard him felt intimidated by his performance. He also said that the comments from the judges were favourable. When I heard that I knew he was selected.So in July 2006, Jasper was selected to go for the International Music Camp in North Dakota,USA. All the expenses for the trip were paid by the Education Ministry. When he was there he received the citation of excellence award which was given to him for outstanding achievement by a band member.

Upon his return, he successfully applied to join the Singapore National Youth Orchestra. Being a member of SNYO, he received music lessons from a tutor provided by the Education Ministry. Last month, Jasper participated in the 10th Florence International Music Festival in Italy.

It was a memorable experience for him.

Looking back, I am thankful to the Lord for bestowing His supernatural favour on my son. I attribute all these to that day when I stood in prayers for him during the audition. The Lord has certainly answered me beyond my wildest imagination!

All glory to Jesus Christ.

Amen!!

Blessings,
Maurice

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger cybeRanger said…

    May the Lord receive all the glory :)

    http://bestchristianblogoftheweek.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home