DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Friday, August 15, 2008

77. Joshua – Delivered from typhoon Kammuri in Hongkong

Name: Joshua
Date: 2008
Location: Hongkong

I was scheduled for a trip to Hongkong recently. A day before I left, I received an sms from my friend, Alex in Hongkong that a typhoon was approaching Hongkong. He mailed me the website link to check the weather. I was naturally concerned for my safety.

I wondered if I should cancel the trip, but felt the peace to proceed. I merely prayed under my breath and received the peace of God. I believe the Lord intervened in the midst of the storm.

As I boarded the plane, I declared that the angels of God will bring me safely to my destination.

I arrived in Hongkong merely hours before the storm hit. I even managed to have fellowship over dinner with Alex. When I woke up the next morning, the storm Kammuri had reached level 8. Offices were closed, and roads were empty. It was raining and the winds were strong. In fact, I learnt that some 380 flights were disrupted that day. The powerful storm injured 37 people, felled 35 trees and caused one landslide.

I was scheduled to leave the following day. I could not do an internet check in because check in was not available. I realized that the flights may not have been restored. However, when I went to the airport the next morning, I realized that the storm had left and the flights were restored. I only experienced a 2-hour disruption to my flight, as the airlines cleared their backlogs.

I thank God for His protection. We dwell in the secret place of the most high, under the shadow of His wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home