DailyTestimonies

Christianity is a living relationship with God, where we experience His abundant grace in our lives. We would like to share some of these wonderful testimonies contributed by friends - to glorify God and to encourage your faith.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

66. Mary – I confronted an idol in my home

Name: Mary
Date: 17 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Note: Mary attends Encounter Meeting (this testimony was shared in Encounter Meeting and written by Joshua)


Last year, my husband received a gift from a friend. This gift is an idol in the shape of a frog bought from Thailand. It was placed prominently at the entrance to attract good luck and prosperity. My husband does not really know Jesus and I was troubled with the idol. From my past experience, he would not readily listen to me if I told him to remove the idol. We would even end up in an argument.

During one of the Encounter meetings, I shared this with Joshua. Joshua then shared about how the Lord removed the idols from His childhood home. Whenever he is at the home, he would look the idol eyeball to eyeball, and declare to the idol: “Your time is up, you have to go. This is my home and I am a child of God. I apply the blood of Jesus; bind every demon, and you have to go.” Then within a few years, his parents miraculously received the Lord and he had the pleasure of removing the idols from the home.

He told me that I can use my authority as God’s child to speak to the idol likewise. I was encouraged in my faith. So I went home and I got my children to pray with me. Then when everyone was asleep, I would declare to the idol, “You have no place here, you have to leave.”

Within a week, the prayer was answered. My church-mates were scheduled to visit my home. I felt the boldness and leading of the Lord to speak to my husband. I told him that my friends were coming and it wouldn’t look good to have the frog there. I told him to throw it away and he said, “Throw it away.” I was pleasantly surprised. There was no contention or argument. So I hurriedly threw it away. God’s miraculous intervention worked so quickly. Christ in me is bigger than any idol in the world. I am now conscious of the glorious presence of God in my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home